Cheap Games for Lazy People

Anything pertaining to video gaming whether it be old or new, PC or Console.

Moderator: Gaming Addictees

Moosader
Game Developer
Game Developer
Current Project: Find out at: http://www.youtube.com/coderrach
Favorite Gaming Platforms: PC, NES, SNES, PS2, PS1, DS, PSP, X360, WII
Programming Language of Choice: C++

Cheap Games for Lazy People

Post by Moosader »

By "Lazy People", I mean games you buy online and download (ala, via Steam), meaning you don't have to go to a store. XP

Anyways, I can't resist any time I see a game I like or that looks cool on Steam for $5 - $20. I thought I'd post about some games on Steam, and other sites, that are cheap.

Steam always has the "indie" section, which usually has some pretty cheap games.
Right now Braid is $5, but normally $15.
I'd really suggest The Maw, which is a sort of 3D puzzle platformer.
Time Gentlemen, Please! and Ben There, Dan That! you can get for $5 (for both), and they're indie adventure games.
World of Goo is $20, a puzzle game

Then there are the slightly older games that are cheap now, too.
Fallout & Fallout 2 ($10), Oddworld ($10), Star Wars KOTOR ($10), the Secret of Monkey Island Remake ($10), Bionic Commando Rearmed ($10), the old iD games, some old LucasArts games (The Dig, Loom, Indiana Jones), Prince of Persia: Sands of Time,etc.

And Psychonauts. Everyone should get that.

Anyways.

There are also other sites. Telltale Games has those episodic adventure games (Sam&Max, Monkey Island, Bone, StrongBad), but those are available on Steam, and I'd suggest getting 'em there.

There's GameTap, which is pretty Similar to Steam, though it has some free games too. As you can see from the TV commercials, they have some older console games like Sonic 3, Phantasy Star IV, Space Quest stuff, if you happen to want to get them legitly. :P

And then the last site I've found is GOG.com (GreatOldGames). It's catalog isn't as big, but it has some old PC games (Which are a bitch to find anymore!) like Broken Sword, Heroes of Might and Magic, MDK, Rise of the Triad :D :D, and Freakin' Septerra Core, which I still have teh CD for.

Anyways. If you're like me you never ever ever buy games that are new, or really any games that are like $30+ T_T; (Except Brutal Legend, of course, and a few other special games), I just tend to play the cheap stuff. So those sites are kinda cool. :P

Of course there are a ton of free indie games

Anyone know any others?
davidthefat
Chaos Rift Maniac
Chaos Rift Maniac
Current Project: Fully Autonomous Robot
Favorite Gaming Platforms: PS3
Programming Language of Choice: C++

Re: Cheap Games for Lazy People

Post by davidthefat »

Battle Field 1943 for PS3 ($15) 360 ($12)
really fun but only 3 jobs and 4 maps
Pickzell
Chaos Rift Junior
Chaos Rift Junior

Re: Cheap Games for Lazy People

Post by Pickzell »

Noitu Friggin' Love 2.
I'm an altogether bad-natured Cupid.