Worst game you've ever played

Anything pertaining to video gaming whether it be old or new, PC or Console.

Moderator: Gaming Addictees

LeonBlade
Chaos Rift Demigod
Chaos Rift Demigod
Current Project: Trying to make my first engine in C++ using OGL
Favorite Gaming Platforms: PS3
Programming Language of Choice: C++

Re: Worst game you've ever played

Post by LeonBlade »

eatcomics wrote:...THE GAME
There's no place like ~/
MrDeathNote
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer
Current Project: cocos2d-x project
Favorite Gaming Platforms: SNES, Sega Megadrive, XBox 360
Programming Language of Choice: C/++

Post by MrDeathNote »

RyanPridgeon wrote:There's no limit for the amount of shitty copycat/racing/generic/budget failures of console games that I bought from bargain bins as a child. :(

But the games that spring to mind as actually being disappointingly bad are all Tony Hawk games after Underground, Call of Duty 3 for the fucking Wii, Saints Row 2, Wave Race for the Gameboy (SERIOUSLY, what was all the fuss about?!), Prince of Persia: Warrior Within (xbox), The Movies, Battlefield 2142 (2 was so much better.), many of the later NFS games, most Colin McRae games after 04, and many other games that I felt like I wasted good money on...

Jeeez I can remember playing much worse but I guess my mind just kinda blocks it all out. Lol.. It's really hard to remember this stuff.

Edit: OH JESUS FUCK, those stupid Dragonball games. God those were boring.
What!??? I loved warrior within, I still play it from time to time :) and the dragonball games are epic lol, come on man there are far far FAR worse games than that, have you never played Dragons Lair for NES? Its the most frustrating, shitest game known to man.
http://www.youtube.com/user/MrDeathNote1988

"C makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot. C++ makes it
harder, but when you do, it blows away your whole leg." - Bjarne Stroustrup
Lord Pingas
Chaos Rift Regular
Chaos Rift Regular
Favorite Gaming Platforms: NES, SNES, Nintendo 64, Dreamcast, Wii
Programming Language of Choice: C++

Post by Lord Pingas »

Sonic 06... 'nuff said.
faerrleah
Chaos Rift Newbie
Chaos Rift Newbie

Post by faerrleah »

Possibly the Bruce Lee game for the xBox. The trailer was misleading and the gameplay was stiff and ugly. It was the only game I wanted to trade back in the first day but I still have it. There is no another way.
Albionremain
Chaos Rift Maniac
Chaos Rift Maniac

Post by Albionremain »

When I was a small child, I remember seeing a game at my cousin's house. He has just got his Sega CD and he was very excited to show it off... he put in a disk labeled Lunar and I was instantly intrigued. Years later I would walk into my local GameStop, see a poster advertising the newest chapter of this epic saga, Lunar: Dragon Song (thank you Nintendo, your consistency in naming gimmicks is without par). Little did I know it, but what lay in wait, in such a tiny cartridge, would be the worst gaming experience of all time.

Typically, when revisiting a serious from my youth (or any game for that manner) I try to take it with a grain of salt since I tend to overestimate my expectations or embellish my memories. Ripping the cellophane of with gusto, my already empty DS was waiting. I snapped in the cartridge and booted up my handheld.
At the loading screen I would be reminded of the subtitle, Dragon Song, yet I would never make it to the point to figure out or understand it. Within the first… oh I don’t know… 4 minutes of playing the game, I was already set upon by the rage monster. The story was ok, typical slow start for any RPG, but once combat was introduced it was a downhill ride on a greased slope.
The combat was so sluggish, the developers added the ability to speed it up by holding L and R shoulder buttons… but even with this modifier the combat was still unbearably slow. After wading my way through a few encounters (read: hours later) I made it to the second town. I was instantly greeted with the copy-paste town style that is common in the pokemon games, but unlike the pokemon games, there was no redeeming gameplay inbetween.
Not to mention actually getting to another area was nothing more than the game trolling you. You could run in this game, but at the cost of health… so by the time you got to a boss, or were nearly there (and were desperately trying to make up for lost time from the hellacious combat system) you would encounter an enemy and be all but dead.
Honestly, even thinking about this experience is making my head hurt, and blood surge. It’s a bit too early in the morning to be revisiting such a shitty game. Take a gander at this review if you wish to read on:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/ds/925564-lunar ... view-98455

I assure you, this fine gentleman is spot on.
"Oh, it works... just not the way anyone wants or expects it to."
Marx Chaotix
Chaos Rift Devotee
Chaos Rift Devotee

Post by Marx Chaotix »

ET.....*shudders* worst night of my life. And don't even get me started on Superman 64 >_<; GOOD LORD! Who plays these games and considers them games? They're abominations of gaming.
eatcomics
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer

Post by eatcomics »

OH SUPERMAN 64 I TOTALLY REMEMBER MY UNCLE PLAYING THAT... it sucked indeed