Epic Letdowns in Gaming

Anything pertaining to video gaming whether it be old or new, PC or Console.

Moderator: Gaming Addictees

Bludklok
Chaos Rift Junior
Chaos Rift Junior
Current Project: EnigmaCore
Favorite Gaming Platforms: PC, N64, Playstation1, Playstation2
Programming Language of Choice: C++

Re: Epic Letdowns in Gaming

Post by Bludklok »

Rhys wrote:I'd say when Blizzard allowed decent PvP gear available for shit all honour.
This along with the fact that Paladins virtually 'own' WoW now, Naxxaramas is boring as hell after the third time doing it, and countless other mistakes.
Youtube
Website
Current project: Enigma Core
XianForce
Chaos Rift Devotee
Chaos Rift Devotee

Post by XianForce »

I'd have to say every Wii game that I've played :lol:

I haven't played too many of them, because the few I played were so much of a letdown to me.

Just so my post goes a bit in-depth, and isn't a waste of a post... Let's start with Legend of Zelda: TP.

I waited so long for this game, I can't even remember. I have very fond memories of playing Zelda. Starting with the Ocarina of Time, then working my way back to beat the NES Zeldas, then going forward to beat the gameboy Zelda Games. I loved Ocarina of Time, but for some odd reason (never really knew why) I liked Majora's Mask so much better. It captivated me in some strange, unknown way. Then I kept going on my Zelda frenzy (Minish Cap was another fun one) then finally they announce TP. I waited anxiously for it. And then they delayed it. They delayed it (twice even, I believe?) and over-hyped the crap out of it. I finally got it and beat it, and I was never satisfied with it.

Another one to mention, Super Smash Bros Brawl. That was terrible. I liked Melee, but this looked like a failed attempt at creating that same franchise that so many love, but with some new twist to keep you anchored.

Only Wii game I honestly liked (That I've played obviously) is Boom Blox, and I can't play that for more than 15 minutes, if that.

For me, the Wii is an epic fail >.<
cronjob00
Chaos Rift Junior
Chaos Rift Junior

Post by cronjob00 »

duke nukem forever 12 years of fail.
MarauderIIC
Respected Programmer
Respected Programmer

Post by MarauderIIC »

Hear that, Ginto? It's been a fail about as long as you've been alive.
I realized the moment I fell into the fissure that the book would not be destroyed as I had planned.
rolland
Chaos Rift Regular
Chaos Rift Regular
Current Project: Starting an Android app soon
Favorite Gaming Platforms: PS1, N64

Post by rolland »

XianForce wrote: Another one to mention, Super Smash Bros Brawl. That was terrible. I liked Melee, but this looked like a failed attempt at creating that same franchise that so many love, but with some new twist to keep you anchored.
Well, if you play it with a GC controller... ;)
MarauderIIC wrote:Hear that, Ginto? It's been a fail about as long as you've been alive.
:lol: :lol:
I'll write a signature once I get some creativity and inspiration...
aamesxdavid
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer

Post by aamesxdavid »

rolland wrote:Well, if you play it with a GC controller... ;)
Obligatory (for me) Yahtzee quote:

"That's right, it denegrates the very console it's supposed to sell, and that's so deliciously tragic."
Sanshin77
Chaos Rift Regular
Chaos Rift Regular
Current Project: C++/SDL engine, zaActionWizardMagic game
Favorite Gaming Platforms: Xbox 360, Playstation 2, Nintendo DS, mac and PC

Post by Sanshin77 »

Age of Conan... I was really looking forward to it and at first it seemed amazing, the combat system felt great and all. But after some days/weeks (cant remember) I realised that it was the same stuff over and over again. The spells and equipment all looked (almost) exactly the same, did the same and never made me excited. That's why It was fun levelling in WoW, new shapes, demons or other abilities that actually offered new gameplay and variation. In Age of Conan I had a lot of abilities/combos that were basically the same. Too many games are easy and/or repetitive these days :(

Really enjoyed Dreamfall though, and Im gonna watch out for Funcom's next MMO, hope they've learned some lessons.
Check out videos of my C++ games as well as my "Amateur Game Dev" series over at
My YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/Zanchill
cronjob00
Chaos Rift Junior
Chaos Rift Junior

Post by cronjob00 »

Ill second age of conan.
Brock7
Chaos Rift Newbie
Chaos Rift Newbie
Favorite Gaming Platforms: PC , XBox 360

Post by Brock7 »

I'm going to agree with whoever said Diablo 3 just cannot fail. :worship:

andd..

I'm going to contribute something worthwhile that I think was an Epic Fail/Letdown all rolled up in a little ball of fail.

Gears of War 2.

Any hardcore Gears of War 1 player would also agree that this game didn't deliver half as much fun as the first :x
I'm an amazing programmer... my compilers just an asshole.
Panama
Chaos Rift Newbie
Chaos Rift Newbie
Favorite Gaming Platforms: PC
Programming Language of Choice: C++ and C#
Location: Great Britain, although I don't understand what's so great about it

Post by Panama »

Starcraft 1, i looked forward to that game for so long and then when i got it, it was just 'spam your most powerful unit' like alot of other RTS games. The characters and story was bland and the races were barely original, I still have it but never play it. I just hope Starcraft 2 is much better *crosses fingers*
Willshire The Mad
Chaos Rift Newbie
Chaos Rift Newbie
Current Project: Some basic flash projects for school
Favorite Gaming Platforms: X-Box 360 for now

Post by Willshire The Mad »

I dunno i seem to like bad games. I think the perfect example are the Dynasty Worriors games. Same stuff over and over though i do really like the empires versions.
Being a graphic designer student i really enjoy Spore for the simple obsession with games that have character editors. I just really enjoy making weird monstrous animals. Same goes for any and all WWE games they have particularly well made character editors. I dunno maybe its just my addictive nature. Though i do have to agree that parts of Spore did let me down like the space stage but even after the expantion pack for galactic adventures its still MEHH. Thats why i try to rent as much as possible just so i dont end up buying a game that sucks. *cough* Alone in the Dark *cough*
man that one let me down so bad.
Spork