The next big handheld.

Anything pertaining to video gaming whether it be old or new, PC or Console.

Moderator: Gaming Addictees

Do you want to buy this system?

Yes!
68%
No!
32%

Total votes: 19

eatcomics
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer

Re: The next big handheld.

Post by eatcomics »

Oh I see. Glad we cleared that up :lol:
Marx Chaotix
Chaos Rift Devotee
Chaos Rift Devotee

Post by Marx Chaotix »

Andy K. wrote:These have been around forever, where have you been? The Gp2x is awesome because it can run Amiga games. Lots of people develop for them, too. :roll:
??? Whoah! Are you sure? It says on their siteopenpandora.org at they just "recently" released them, and their next batch isn't due until 2009. Maybe you are thinking about something else. If it has been out then can you please link me to where I can buy it? I really really want one of these babies.
Andy K.
Chaos Rift Junior
Chaos Rift Junior

Post by Andy K. »

Marx Chaotix wrote:
Andy K. wrote:These have been around forever, where have you been? The Gp2x is awesome because it can run Amiga games. Lots of people develop for them, too. :roll:
??? Whoah! Are you sure? It says on their siteopenpandora.org at they just "recently" released them, and their next batch isn't due until 2009. Maybe you are thinking about something else. If it has been out then can you please link me to where I can buy it? I really really want one of these babies.
Yeah those are for the Pandora's which have been on sale. But they are just a model of the GP2X's.

They were selling them in October I think, hold on I'll find a link. They were about $350 though =X.

edit: Oh the site says that the first batch was sold out, so you missed the buck. You'll have to wait for the next preorder session to get one. Just be sure to keep an eye on the Pandora site!
Marx Chaotix
Chaos Rift Devotee
Chaos Rift Devotee

Post by Marx Chaotix »

Andy K. wrote:
Marx Chaotix wrote:
Yeah those are for the Pandora's which have been on sale. But they are just a model of the GP2X's.

They were selling them in October I think, hold on I'll find a link. They were about $350 though =X.

edit: Oh the site says that the first batch was sold out, so you missed the buck. You'll have to wait for the next preorder session to get one. Just be sure to keep an eye on the Pandora site!
Oh yeah! You are talking about that. Yeah I knew they released their 1st batch. I heard the next one is due sometime in Feb. I am definitely gettin one of those babies.
Andy K.
Chaos Rift Junior
Chaos Rift Junior

Post by Andy K. »

Marx Chaotix wrote:
Andy K. wrote:
Marx Chaotix wrote:

Oh yeah! You are talking about that. Yeah I knew they released their 1st batch. I heard the next one is due sometime in Feb. I am definitely gettin one of those babies.
I've wanted one for awhile, but with bills and school. Living on your own sucks sometimes =( (But it's worth it to be able to walk around naked all day!) I don't know if I'll get a pandora, I might just get an older GP2X, so I can play some c64 and Amiga games on it. And a few other indie games. (Rescue the Beagles MOBILE! XD)
Marx Chaotix
Chaos Rift Devotee
Chaos Rift Devotee

Post by Marx Chaotix »

I am very sorry for bringing up this dead ancient topic but, I just wanted to give another update on this console. They have re modified their website. It now looks much more professional.

http://www.open-pandora.org/

And if you take a look at their "current status" they have made major progressions and are yet another step closer towards mass production of the official Pandora console "not their beta testers from the first batch that they sold it too" but the real deal. And one of the creators posts up a video of he himself showing off a completed Pandora.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dD6gytB1 ... r_embedded

Man I just feel almost as if he's taunting us with that Pandora >.<;

Again sorry for bringing this ancient topic up admins I just wanted to give everyone another update on the current status of this Pandora Console.
davidthefat
Chaos Rift Maniac
Chaos Rift Maniac
Current Project: Fully Autonomous Robot
Favorite Gaming Platforms: PS3
Programming Language of Choice: C++

Post by davidthefat »

It has a bad reputation as being in the family of teh GPX or what ever consoles that no one cares about. and lacks the publicity and the big corporation that will fund them
eatcomics
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer

Post by eatcomics »

I think the wiz looks funky, and seems a little... IDK just cheap... it seems too small too