Mirror's Edge 2 Soundtrack petition

Anything pertaining to video gaming whether it be old or new, PC or Console.

Moderator: Gaming Addictees

cube_b3
Chaos Rift Newbie
Chaos Rift Newbie

Mirror's Edge 2 Soundtrack petition

Post by cube_b3 »

Hello,

So one of my other pet projects is this petition:
https://www.change.org/petitions/lisa-m ... ror-s-edge

For me the best part about Mirror's Edge was Still Alive by Lisa Miskovsky. I have grown to become quite a fan of her work.

So anybody who shares my sentiments could sign this petition and also spread the word by tweeting or sharing this on Facebook with the hashtag #ME2Petition

Best Regards,
B
dandymcgee
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer
Current Project: https://github.com/dbechrd/RicoTech
Favorite Gaming Platforms: NES, Sega Genesis, PS2, PC
Programming Language of Choice: C

Re: Mirror's Edge 2 Soundtrack petition

Post by dandymcgee »

Meh, we've had the discussion before but I still disagree with change.org being polluted by piddly #FirstWorldProblems like video game soundtracks. IMO, if someone's human rights aren't at risk (death / unjust imprisonment / sexual abuse) then it doesn't warrant a change.org petition. But.. well.. that's just like.. my opinion, man.
Falco Girgis wrote:It is imperative that I can broadcast my narcissistic commit strings to the Twitter! Tweet Tweet, bitches! :twisted:
cube_b3
Chaos Rift Newbie
Chaos Rift Newbie

Post by cube_b3 »

@DandyMcGee: Yeah, I get that a lot and you are right trivial things like this shouldn't be allowed on the website, but at the moment I don't know of an alternate.

@Connor: No music related information has been released however the writer of the original game did issue a statement, stating that no one she knew at DICE is involved in the sequel. If you read the full body of the petition it basically wants the original team to remain involved.

If you can use your contacts in the VG music community and spread the word, I would greatly appreciate it.
dandymcgee
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer
Current Project: https://github.com/dbechrd/RicoTech
Favorite Gaming Platforms: NES, Sega Genesis, PS2, PC
Programming Language of Choice: C

Post by dandymcgee »

cube_b3 wrote:@DandyMcGee: Yeah, I get that a lot and you are right trivial things like this shouldn't be allowed on the website, but at the moment I don't know of an alternate.
I don't even mind them all on one website, but it would be nice if they categorized "video games" separately from "legislation" etc. Whatever..

I think your idea is good one regardless of the platform you use to gain support, so kudos for caring enough to get this going.
Falco Girgis wrote:It is imperative that I can broadcast my narcissistic commit strings to the Twitter! Tweet Tweet, bitches! :twisted:
cube_b3
Chaos Rift Newbie
Chaos Rift Newbie

Post by cube_b3 »

The videogame industry has evolved and grown in to a cash making machine that is worse than Hollywood. Yes, Hollywood has massive productions that utilize thousands of people on a given project but for the most part franchises have an anchor. For example the Dark Knight trilogy whether you love it or hate it, you know you have Christopher Nolan to thank him.

In videogames, somehow the studio name or publisher gets all the credit. As long as the studio logo appears the fans seem to go along with it. So my petition was made to shine some light on the people that made the first game so awesome and in my personal experience it was the song that attracted me to the world and then the writing of Rhianna Pratchett was fairly kick ass as well.

I played the game many years ago, but I still continue to listen to new music Lisa Miskovsky releases and it would be a damn shame, if she was absent from the game.

Pratchett is also a fairly kickass writer, she has almost managed to reimagine Lara Croft into a character who can be taken seriously without being turned into a sex symbol. Although I would much rather continue to build on something original like Mirror's Edge.